Sunday, March 3, 2013

Skiing

     I went skiing this weekend with Takoma Park ski club.  This was our last ski trip and we visited Liberty.  We've been to Liberty a lot before and since we felt like we mastered most of the slopes, so we visited the terrain park.  So I've gone of the terrain park before, but I never really did any big jumps or bombed the hill afterwards.
     On the rest of the mountain the snow was too icy or too powdery, but on the terrain park it was smooth.  I went over the first two jumps, but then went around the third.  I didn't jump or do any tricks, but there's an amazing rush you get from just being in the air for two seconds.  After the first three jumps there's a turn and then a fourth bigger jump.  I slowed down but I still thought I was going pretty fast.  I didn't notice until I got to the top but there was a sharp incline and I freaked out a little, but I still landed.  once I went over it there was a dip in the jump, which is supposed to make you jump, so you miss the dip, but again I didn't and somehow I sill landed.  We did the same run three or four more times.  On the second to last one I hit all the jumps and I jump a little on the last one.  I yelled out of joy when I was in the air and my only thought going down the rest of the slope was I LOVE SKIING.
     We had to leave at 7:50, which is ridiculously early, especially since it's our last time.  But anyways I hit the first three jumps as well and on the third I didn't land it.  I wasn't a bad fall but what I was really worried about was that I was directly under the jump, and if someone was going over, they wouldn't see me, so I popped off my skis and scrambled to the side.  As I was putting on my skis I saw Annie ( one of the snowboarders I was with) go over the fourth jump, and fall.  We got up and finished the hill.  When we got down we found out that Phuong (the other snowboarder I was with) had also fallen.  I was 7:55 and I just wanted to say screw getting back on time and go again, but we didn't.
     Hopefully I can go skiing again before it gets warm, and one of two things may happen.  Either I'll be really scared of the fourth jump, or since I've already fallen I'll be less afraid because falling wasn't that big of a deal.  I also really hope those first three times weren't beginners luck and that I can do it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment